Tuesday 26 June 2012


Here's to all the result-less efforts and failed attempts,
obstacles that made you learn, derail, yet here we are, no regrets.
Gotta say, I’ve never been much of a fan of the cold months,
they freeze your heart, that's what I was told once.
But, good things happen for a reason at bad times
and good things take time, GREAT things simply occur.
You taught me this, so I simply hope you concur.
Just please don't mistake my hope for naive-ness.
You’re all I’ve ever dreamed of and it’s hard to believe this.
It’s been said that the biggest human temptation is settling for too little,
something we’ve both done up until we sparked the fire we rekindled.
I really don’t care if I wasn't your first tryout.
They were all practice leading up to these finals,
where you’re too qualified to strikeout.
I’ve learned that you can build a "right" relationship with someone to live the life you dreamed of,
or fall in love with the impossible and live a dream.
Tired of scratching the surface, ready to dive into the impossible and swim upstream.
Doubt I’d be wrong with something of the sort.
People take a LONG time to realize life is SHORT.
And loving is not understanding, it’s persistence and the will to keep trying
time & time again to understand the inexplicable.
This, as surreal as it seems, I assure you is veritable.
I’m here to push you not to break laws but break records.
Whatever goal you want to achieve I’ll help you work towards,
cause you’ve broken down walls when you warmed up this icebox.
With you, one hand chases the other on the clock,
yet a moment in your arms feels like a century,
and the second I leave you feels like I saw you yesterday
I’ll forever treasure this pleasure that’s both emotional and sensory.

No comments:

Post a Comment