Tuesday 26 June 2012

Alex Anagnostou

Today I visited the Elena Lee gallery on Sherbrooke street! Most of Lee's pieces are from artists working with glass as a medium. This was definitely a no-snob zone. I was greeted politely, amicably, and asked a vast amount of pertinent questions which enticed me to keep looking and remain intrigued by all the glass work that surrounded me.  I heard about Agnostou months ago (in May most probably) and had wanted to see her work up close and personal. Lee made that possible taking me to the back office and even in hidden rooms. She showed me whatever she had in stock letting me approach and feel the artwork and even insisting I hold it to get a physical feel of it. I got to know the work and was even directed towards even more affordable pieces which I would love to own! (Especially a mini mandala - a smaller version of the one in the photograph...going at about 800$!) All in all in the near future I plan to return hopefully to start my own collection or for a small gift!
www.alexanagnostou.com/
www.galerieelenalee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment